Tuesday, May 14, 2013 – Day 2
A Reminder to Teachers & Students: Our CELL PHONE policy states that all cell phones should be turned off and put away before entering school property.
1. NHS tutoring program on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. in Room 356. For more information, please contact Mrs. Harper.
2. The time is finally here! The GSHS library gift shop, The Book Bag, is now selling t-shirts! The shirts are inexpensive, come in all sizes and multiple styles, and support the GSHS library! The Book Bag t-shirt cost is $5.00. The National Art Honor Society is printing class t-shirts with a quote from The Perks of Being a Wallflower, girly tees are $10 and regular tee are $7.00. Orders must be placed and paid for before the shirts are printed. When you order a shirt you get one free cup of coffee! Order your shirt today!
1. Current Juniors are reminded to schedule your Senior Portrait appointment with Skysight Photography online. Spaces are filling quickly – please do this as soon as possible so you don’t lose out on your desired date and time. Please see Mr. Lenzi in Room 273 if you have any questions.
2. First Commonwealth Advisors – WS Lane Trust Fund – loans are made on the basis of financial need and are for high education, no interest charged; however students are expected to repay the loan upon graduation. Available only to three (3) students. See Mrs. Klipa or Mrs. Yasika in the Guidance Office if interested for an application.
3. The Pennsylvania American Legion – Keystone Boys State – program is an educational workshop for high school student leaders, such as student government officers, athletic team captains, and prominent student organization officers. Program dates June 23 – June 29, 2013 at Shippensburg University. Available to HS students who have completed their Junior year. Application and additional information available in the Guidance Office or visit www.keystoneboysstate.com. Applications are due May 15, 2013.
1. Aerotech – current list of positions posted in the Guidance Office and online at www.aerotech.com. The opportunities at Aerotech reach out to all levels of education and experience. The educational requirement could be a HS Diploma, Vocational Degree, Associate Degree or a 4-year Degree and the experience level could be entry level, mid-level or experienced based on the position.
2. Seven Springs Mountain Resort Summer Positions – Adventure Staff, Alpine Slide Attendant, Summer Tubing Attendant, Bike Park – Bike Crew and Park Staff, Golf Course Maintenance Laborer, Sporting Clays Trapper and Zip Line/Canopy Tour Guides. Food and Beverage positions are available throughout the year. Lifeguards also needed. Job descriptions available in the Guidance Office.
3. Seniors Job Opportunity –Nicewonger Awning Company is in search of a Laborer for the Installation and Removal of Awnings. The applicant must have transportation to and from the shop located in Greensburg. Hours are from 8am -5pm with some overtime and Saturdays during our busy season. Applicants must be graduating from High School and available during mentioned hours. Please apply in person at Nicewonger Awning Company 512 Euclid Ave. Greensburg.