Guidance Department Overview
School counselors work with students, parents, and teachers to ensure a healthy, safe, and satisfying educational experience. They provide assistance to all students in order to meet their personal, social, educational, and career needs during this important developmental period.
If you or your son or daughter would like to meet with Mr. Manley please call the school or notify the student’s teacher at anytime.
What your Guidance Department can do for you!
School Counseling has come a long way over the years, and today we offer more services and support than ever. The following are some of the services we offer:
· Structured group counseling programs
· Promote School Wide Positive Behavior (SWPB) programs through guidance themes, activities, and lessons delivered in the classroom
· Initiate Career exploration and develop interests
· Instructional Support Team (IST) member
· Behavior plans and classroom behavior consulting
· Special education testing
· Student scheduling and record review
· Review of academic and behavior records
· Elementary to middle school transition co-facilitator
· Kindergarten orientation team member
· PSSA co-facilitator
· Provider of community resource materials and information
· Coordinate and disseminate legal document information