Greensburg Salem Football
Team Weight Training
Off-season Weight Training runs daily Monday thru Thursday.
All current 8th to 11th graders are strongly encouraged to attend!
Weight Training begins at 3PM and ends by 4:30.
Weight Training is an important component when preparing to participate in the sport.
The best way to build team unity and trust is done in the off-season!
Announcements / Save the Date
- Physicals for the 2013 season will be conducted for grades 7-12 on Thursday June 6th at 1PM at GSHS.
- Physicals will also be conducted for grades 6, 7 and 8 on Tuesday June 4th at 8:30 in the Middle school Nurses office. These physicals will be conducted for any student participating ina fall sport.
- Impact Baseline Tests for Grades 7, 9 and 11 will be on June 5 at 11:30 AM or June 6th at 1:30 PM. Both tests will be conducted at the High School
- Physicals are due by August 2nd by noon in order to be eligible for the first day of practice.
- Any questions regarding Physicals, contact Mike or Jen in the trainers office.
Collegiate Bound Lions
The following 2012 Lions have elected to continue their football careers at the collegiate level.
Dante Pantalone - Lock Haven University
Denzell Jackson - Seton Hill University
Nick Holtzer - Alderson-Broaddus College (WV)
Tyler Shook - Thiel
Congratulations to these young men.
Former Golden Lion Waylon Fink has been recognized by the University of Buffalo as their 2012 Scout Team Player of the Year. This award is presented to an underclassman who demonstrates exceptional effort and contribution to the team. Waylon was redshirted this year but is expected to see time in a reserve role as well as special teams. We are proud of Waylon and wish him luck!