2012 - 2013 SCHOLARSHIPS
**Seniors - Deadline to return the yellow Academic Assembly Scholarship Form is Friday, May 3rd.**
StudentScholarships.org- applications for the following scholarships can be found at http://www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship.php
1. BBG Communications 3013 Scholarship - $1000 – 1 award (deadline – June 30, 2013) - be between the ages of 16 and 21 on June 30, 2013. Submit answers to the two essay questions, which can be found on the application page, prior to the June 30, 2013, deadline. Have at least one full year of post-secondary studies remain at the time of the award.
2. Caretenders Scholarship Program - $500 – 1 Award (Deadline is May 31, 2013) – be attending an accredited university, college, trades or technical school in the fall of 2013. Application available at http://www.kelownaretirementhomes.ca
3. LM Scholarship Program - $1,000 – 1 Award (Deadline May 31, 2013) – currently enrolled or expects to be enrolled in a degree program (2 years of length or greater by September; my have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and submit an answer to the essay question prior to the submission deadline. Application available at http://www.fourklifttrainingontario.com
4. Rogers Community Volunteer Scholarship - $500 – 1 Award (Deadline is June 1, 2013) – must be attending school on a full-time basis during the fall of 2013 and be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at any level; must have a minimum of 10 hours of non-paid, volunteer service within your community during the last 12 months; a GPA of 2.5 or greater. Application available at http://www.whiterockdentists.com
5. Sedary & Associates Scholarship - $500 – 1 Award (Deadline in June 15, 2013) – between the ages of 16-22 on the day your application is due; be enrolled in a college, university, trades or technical school by no later that the Fall of 2013; submit an essay answering the question on the sponsors website. Application available at http://personalinjurylawyerkelowna.ca.
8. Lift Parts Express Scholarship - $1,000 – 1Award (Deadline is June 30, 2013) -current senior in high school or freshman or sophomore in college/university; enrolled or expected o be enrolled by the fall of 2013. Application available at http://www.forkliftpartspennsylvania.com
American Legion “Need A Lift?” Scholarship and Financial Aid – For more information, visit www.legion.org/needalift.
PSECU 2013 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM: for graduating seniors who interested in joining PSECU or are currently members may apply. Membership eligibility is available at psecu.com/eligibility. Application available at psecu.com.
2013 Masonic Scholarship Resource Guide – information available at www.pmyf.org
Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation (PMAHCC) Scholarship Program – must be attending or accepted in an accredited post-high school educational institution including 2 or 4 year college or university or vocational, technical or trade school; demonstrate unmet financial need of at least $1,000 after the financial aid award package has been determined; have at least one parent of Hispanic ancestry (at least one of the applicant’s grandparents must be Hispanic); have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and enroll as a full-time student. Deadline is June 30, 2013. Information and application available in the Guidance Office.
Wendy’s High School Heisman – recognizing outstanding male and female high school students who excel in academics, athletics and leadership. Seniors, Class of 2014, who have at least a “B” grade average and participate in at least one school-sponsored sport can apply online in just a few easy steps. Visit WendysHeisman.com for details on how to apply. Deadline is October 2, 2013.
Northwestern Pennsylvania Area Labor Federation Scholarship – application for graduating seniors attending Edinboro University. Award of $500 to a student who will graduate from high school in 2013. The award recipient must be accepted or registered as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s degree program at Edinboro University. The applicant must be a union member, or a dependent child of a union member, or a grandchild residing in the home of a union member in good standing of a local union affiliated with the NWPA AREA LABOR FEDERATION, AFL-CIO. Application and information available in the Guidance Office. Deadline is May 3, 2013.