The Human Resources Department focuses on employee relations and hiring. It is the responsibility of the Department to ensure that all employee agreements and policies are implemented, employee questions and concerns are addressed, and all federal and state regulations are met. Additionally, the department identifies and posts vacancies and coordinates the processes of interviewing and hiring new employees.
The following vacancies exist in the District. Questions relative to this vacancy should be directed via email to email@example.com. Electronically submitted letters of interest are acceptable. Please observe the indicated deadline for submission of letters of interest. INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE NOT CURRENT DISTRICT EMPLOYEES SHOULD SUBMIT AN ENTIRE APPLICATION PACKET, including GSSD Application: Act 34, 151, 114, and Act 24/Act 82 clearance forms. A physical and TB test are also required. Additional documents/clearances will be required if offered employment. Clearances and forms must be dated within a year of a potential start date. The clearances must be renewed every five years.
Individuals interested in the following position should submit a letter of interest and the items requested.
Individuals interested in the following positions should submit a letter of interest. These positions will remain open until filled.
Individuals interested in the following positions should submit a letter of application to the Human Resources Office. These positions will remain open until filled.
Application & Employment Process
General Employment Application
- Three clearances (click on Required Clearances for Employment on the tab above for these required clearances)
- Act 114- FBI Federal Criminal History Record- Use code 1KG6XN when registering
- Act 151- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Act 34- PA Criminal Record Check
- Act 126 Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Mandated Reporting Training- If offered employment, the district will provide a link to to complete the training and obtain the certificate through Vector Solutions.
- Act 168: PA Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release- Form must be submitted to current employers, former employers that were school entities, and former employers where the applicant was employed in a position that involved direct contact with children.
- Act 24/Act 82: Arrest or Conviction Form - The form must be filled out and submitted with your application materials.
- School Personnel Health Record- A physical and TB test are required to beginning work but are not needed for application approval.
Additional requirements for teaching applicants:
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate
- PRAXIS Scores
- Official College Transcripts with Seal
- 3 External Letters of Recommendation (Cannot be from Greensburg Salem employees)
Submit the completed packet to:
Greensburg Salem School District
Human Resources Department
1 Academy Hill Place
Greensburg, PA 15601
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Greensburg Salem School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, physical handicap, or other legally protected classifications. This is in accordance with The Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, The Age Discrimination Act of 1967, as amended, Title IV, Title VI, Title VII, and Title IX and the Education Amendments of 1972, and Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.