Coaches' Clearance Requirements
The following clearances are mandatory for all coaches (paid and volunteer). All clearances (originals) must be turned in to the Athletic Office prior to coaching at Greensburg Salem. There are a total of 12 requirements. Please make copies of all clearances for your own records.
1. PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34)(Good for 5 years)
Register at https://epatch.state.pa.us/ and pay the $22 fee with a valid credit card. Volunteer coaches register for free. You must print this clearance. It will NOT be mailed to you.
2. Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)(Good for 5 years)
Register at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS and pay the $13 fee with a valid credit card. Volunteer coaches register for free. Results will be immediate. If you register electronically, you must print this clearance. It will NOT be mailed to you.
3. Fingerprint Criminal Background Clearance (Act 114) - The fingerprint-based background check is a multiple-step process. Applicants must register prior to going to the fingerprint site. Registration is completed on-line. Registration is available 24 hours/day, seven days per week at http://uenroll.identogo.com
Registration/fingerprint process: enter code 1KG6XN for District Employees OR 1KG6Y3 for Volunteers, select schedule or manage appointment, enter required information, select a security question (note for future reference), please choose the document you will use for ID at processing center, selection a location and schedule an appointment (specific or walk-in), submit registration and print confirmation. Please note that payment is processed when your prints are taken. Tip: You can register as a walk-in at any site and then take your completed registration as a walk-in to the Westmoreland Intermediate Unit IU #13. Fee is $22.60.
Register at http://concussionwise.com/for-coaches. After completing course, print out Certificate of Completion and turn in to Athletic Office. This course must be completed each new school year.
6. CardiacWise Course
Register at www.gopats.org, and then go to PATS Quick Links. Click on CardiacWise (in lower right-hand corner) and then Enroll Now. After completing course, print out Certificate of Completion and turn in to Athletic Office. This course must be completed each new school year.
Register at http://allergyready.com. Select register tab and create a user name and password. Log into the site. Select the CARE course tab at the top of the page and begin the training. After completing course, print out Certificate of Completion and turn in to Athletic Office. This course must be completed each new school year.
8. Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter Training Course (Good for 5 years) Click the following link to register for the Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter Training Course: Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter Training Course During registration, please answer "No" to the question, "Are you Licensed or applying for a license through one of the following Pennsylvania boards?" unless you are a licensed professional listed in the drop down menu. After completing course, print out Certificate of Completion and turn in to Athletic Office.
9. GS Policies Receipt Form
Please sign and return receipt form to Athletic Office. This form must be signed each year. Please see links below to print receipt form and GS policies.
10. Physical (There is no specific form required, just written verification from a doctor.)
11. TB Test Result
12. American Sport Education Program (ASEP)
Coaching Principles Course and Sports First-Aid Course for Coaches ($95.00 fee). Take courses online at www.asep.com. Go to Youth Courses and select “Find Courses Offered by my Organization.” Go to the letter “P” and look for PIAA. Click on that and then look for “To Purchase Online Course.” Go to “To purchase print-book online courses together at a discount.” Click on blue “click here” then Add to Cart.