Summer Food Program

Local agencies in Westmoreland County offer Summer Food Programs. Below are some helpful questions and answers about Summer Food Programs.

What is the Summer Food Service Program?

The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is a federal-funded, state administered program that reimburses providers who serve healthy meals to children and teens in low-income area at no charge. This is primarily done during the summer months when school is not in session.

Who does the Program serve?

The Summer Food Services Program serves children and teens age 18 and younger.

Where is my closest Summer Food Service Program site?
Schools or families can use any of the following methods to locate sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
* Call 211
* Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
* Text "MEALPA" to 877877 during the summer months
* Visit the website: to search for a location online near you (Note, this replaces the website)
* Use the site locator for smartphones -
Where can I find more information about hunger, get involved, or donate?

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution prohibits discrimination on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, orientation, or if all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).