Required Clearances for Employment
Pennsylvania School Law requires that all applicants for employment in public and private schools, employees of independent contractors seeking business with public and private schools, and student teacher candidates undergo background checks if they will have direct contact with students. In addition, employment history reviews must be completed for all applicants seeking employment.
Greensburg Salem requires that all applicants' initial clearances are dated within 1 year of the date employment begins. Ongoing, employees are required to update clearances every 5 years. Cost of obtaining clearances is at the employee's expense. Documentation of updated clearances should be submitted to the Human Resources Department or [email protected]
The following three background checks are required:
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance / (Act 151)
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check / (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) / (Act 114)
* Please note that the Act 151 and Act 34 clearances are available online. The Act 114 clearance is an FBI Fingerprinting record check and can only be done by registering online and visiting an approved provider in order to be fingerprinted.
Follow the links below to obtain your clearances:
USE SERVICE CODE: 1KG6XN
* Please note that you will need to schedule an appointment at an approved location to have your fingerprints taken. Please provide the Human Resources department with your UE ID number, which you can find on the receipt you receive at the time of fingerprinting. Our department will use this ID number to run the official clearance report.